Thursday, August 20, 2009

Westboro Baptist Church

God hates fags! That's the web address of the Westboro Baptist Church. The Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is an independent Baptist church headed by Fred Phelps and is located in Topeka, Kansas. It first opened it doors in 1955. What's so special about this group you ask. Well you may have heard about them in the news for their outrageous protests against gays and the military. Their "church" views consist of everything from the Catholic church being devil worship, to God hates fags more then any other sinners.
The organization is known for picketing at public events and funerals, often those related or peripherally related to gay people or soldiers in the military. They hold six daily pickets a day in Topeka, and fifteen on Sunday. They also travel around the country to protest. As of March 2009 they claim to have held over 41,000 protests in over 650 cities since 1991.
I have spent a lot of time reading and watching videos of this group. I suggest every American do the same. These people are nuts. It makes me sick to my stomach. Evey time I hear these low life's talk, I get angry, and want to track them down and, well you know. But I know that will only help there cause. This is America and they have the right to do this. I would recommend you check out there web-site. I do often. Check out their picket schedule to see if you will have a chance to give these people a piece of you mind.

1 comment:

  1. Good post! A lot of people I've spoken with have still never heard of this church and it's activities.
    Besides the obvious negativity that this group spreads, the saddest thing is the kids that are involved in this church. They may never get to actually choose their own spiritual path. They've been totally brainwashed by this twisted 2 dimensional version of Christianity.

    I wrote something up about the church as well and threw up a couple videos of them and a picture of a toddler holding a sign that says "you will eat you babies"
    Ridiculous.......
    http://doodiepants.com/2009/05/31/westborobaptistchurch/

    ReplyDelete